Autumn in the trees

It has come too soon but I am enjoying the beautiful colors that fall has brought.  Snow is falling this weekend so autumn may be cut short this year – we’ll see.

I’ve had fun playing with longer shutter speeds and moving through the focal length during some of those.  Some of the images have an abstract, painterly quality which I love.  I still like photographing the changing landscape in more straightforward ways too.  Most scenes I end up shooting in a few different ways to see which works in that moment. Here are a few from the past couple of weeks in and around Bragg Creek.

On a side note, it has been a long time since my last post.  I have kept shooting but haven’t made time to publish anything for a little over two months.  A lot went on through the summer.  The biggest change has been falling in love with a wonderful woman.  Aside from my children and how they continually amaze me, that has been the highlight of a summer that has absolutely flown by.

1. Beautiful Captures! I love the feeling of the vortex like shots. So lovely to read you’ve been immersed in love this summer~ cheers to life’s goodness!

October 21, 2019 at 10:38 am

2. That is a lovely announcement, you have definitely had a good summer! I like the motion photography as well as the stills, full of brilliant colour. I was out yesterday taking images, both motion and stills-good that I caught it before last night’s frost.

October 1, 2019 at 1:36 pm

3. It’s great to have you back. I’ve missed your posts.

September 29, 2019 at 8:02 pm

4. Those are some stunning shots! Being in love must suit you 🙂. Congratulations!

September 29, 2019 at 6:18 pm

5. Truly wonderful images! Well done.

September 29, 2019 at 1:45 pm

6. Beautiful images. I do like the blurred ones very much. Falling in love is an excellent reason for not posting. The best in fact!
    Alison

September 29, 2019 at 10:04 am

7. I really enjoyed the way you’ve interspersed the straightforward and abstract images. All of the images are beautiful, and the colors are gorgeous. The yellows mixed in are especially nice.

September 29, 2019 at 6:07 am

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )