A faint light from the north

2 seconds at f/1.8 on ISO 4000

We are in the solar minimum and the Aurora Borealis displays at this latitude have been at a minimum as well.  On a night walk last night I noticed a bit of color in the sky.  Longer exposures showed a diffused haze of the Northern Lights.  Subtle but still beautiful.

5 seconds at f/2.0 on ISO 3200

The quiet show ended quickly.  It was very nice to see them once again.  As the aurora faded out I needed my headlamp to bring a bit of color to the last photograph.

2 seconds at f/1.8 on ISO 3200

1. So pretty!

January 6, 2019 at 1:55 pm

2. I like the lighter ground in the Aurora shots, the colours and stars are lovely. The last one is fun.

January 6, 2019 at 1:55 pm

3. Beautiful! We are lucky to live in an area we have possibities see Aurora Borealis dancing on the sky at wintertime. We call them revontulet, it means the lights of a fox. A fox running on the sky hits snow with its tail and makes these lights. A cute story.

January 6, 2019 at 7:10 am

4. Lovely!

January 6, 2019 at 3:12 am

5. Breathtaking. 🙂 Acquaintances who’ve never experienced the northern lights often ask me to describe them. My answer is always the same – “they wrap their arms around you, capture your breath and ask you to dance with wild abandon”. Sigh

January 6, 2019 at 2:48 am

• I love your description. I think that is a beautiful way to share the wonder for those who haven’t been able to see them in person. Thank you for sharing that.

January 11, 2019 at 7:39 am

6. wow, these are stunning

January 6, 2019 at 2:40 am

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )