2010 Favourite Photographs – Landscapes

I photographed a pretty wide variety of landscapes through last year.  Here are the ones that, for one reason or another, stand out to me.

A full moon setting over the mountains above Elbow Falls in Kananaskis, Alberta.

Sulphur Mountain and a shrouded Mount Rundle are reflected in the Third Vermilion Lake in the Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada.

The blowing snow, bright sunshine and cool colours showed a lot of the moods of the Canadian Rockies.

Sunset on the Elbow River as it was tightly wrapped in winter’s trappings.

Silhouette of the Rocky Mountains against clouds lit up by the setting sun.

Springbank sunset just west of Calgary, Alberta.

Sunrise over a prairie marsh in Springbank.

A scenic farmstead on the Prairies south of Gull Lake in Saskatchewan.

A storm rolling east out of the Rockies and onto the Albertan Prairies.

First snowfall in Kananaskis at Barrier Lake in September.

A stand of trees long dead cast ghostly reflections in a small lake near Elbow Falls in Kananaskis, Alberta.

A long exposure of the rocks and ocean along Sunset Beach near Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Bagan in Myanmar provided an incredible setting for landscape photography.  I was able to enjoy sunrises, sunsets and even shoot from a hot air balloon while I was there in February.

We spent New Year’s Eve at our friends’ home, the Folk Tree Lodge, in Priddis.  This was one of my last photographs from 2010 and certainly a favourite of mine.

2010 was a great year.  I’m looking forward to this new one.

1. WOW – These are some awe-inspiring photos! Thanks for sharing your talents, and for sharing these beautiful landscapes.

February 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

• Thank you for checking them out – come back whenever you like. Have a great day!

February 7, 2011 at 12:22 pm

2. Great shots!

February 7, 2011 at 10:55 am

3. Val Erde

I can’t tell you how fabulous I find these, Chris! They are GORGEOUS! I particularly like the Elbow River sunset.
    🙂

January 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm

• Thank you so much Val. The spot where I photographed the sunset on the Elbow River is less than 200 metres from my home – very lucky to live and raise my children there.

January 21, 2011 at 2:04 pm

4. Micheline

Wow!

January 17, 2011 at 7:52 pm

• Hi Micheline,

Thanks for keeping tabs on the blog. I hope you are enjoying the cow portraits – I’m looking forward to seeing them in your space.

Cheers,

January 18, 2011 at 12:08 am

5. Oh my how I enjoyed these! Marvellous! New Years Eve light-house, Myanmar rising, the highway in Alberta…gosh…if I could take photos like that! Look, made my day!

January 17, 2011 at 3:24 am

• Hi Kolembo,

I’m glad these images worked for you. Thank you for visiting my blog – you are welcome anytime.

January 18, 2011 at 12:13 am

6. shawn morris

inspiring to say the least
    It gave me some stoke to look back through some travel pics that I have neglected to finish editing
    THNKX EH

January 17, 2011 at 12:36 am

• Hey Shawn,

Glad to throw some gas on the fire!

Send me a link when you go through them.

I’d love to see your work – blog? webpage? Where you at?

Cheers,

January 18, 2011 at 12:18 am

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )